Your history starts here when you say “I do” in our exquisitely rehabilitated Civil War-era Naval Hospital, which was commissioned by President Lincoln in 1864.
Whether you’d like an outdoor wedding ceremony in our beautifully landscaped gardens, an indoor ceremony in our light-filled rooms with 14-foot high ceilings and 8-foot windows, or something in between, your wedding and reception will be a timeless, romantic celebration to last the ages. The unique elegance of Hill Center and its exquisite campus comes together with today’s amenities to give you contemporary convenience with historic charm.
- Exquisitely restored Civil War-era building recognized by “Save America’s Treasures”
- Beautifully landscaped gardens, perfect for an outdoor wedding ceremony or reception
- Capacity: Up to 140 for a seated dinner or up to 250 for a standing or cocktail reception throughout the entire second floor.
- All modern amenities including Wi-Fi, built-in sound, screens, projectors and air conditioning
- Knowledge, helpful on-site staff
- ADA accessible building
- On-site furniture rentals
- Green, environmentally friendly building
- Located on Capitol Hill and convenient to Reagan National Airport, Union Station, and Metro
Pricing & Guidelines
Garden Only: $2,800 *
Eight hours of rental, including setup and tear down*
Garden rental available**
Licensed caterer required
Additional furniture rental available
Download our wedding package
*Additional pro-rated hours may be purchased
**Tent required. The garden may also be rented with indoor space for an additional cost.
Have some questions about our space, what you can bring in, and our general policies for weddings in our historic venue?
Check out our Guidelines for the Use of Hill Center Facilities for Weddings & Celebrations to find answers to many of the most frequently asked questions.
Hill Center is pleased to offer a rehearsal dinner package, offering a lovely and intimate setting as you get ready for the big day.
- Six hours including setup and teardown
- Eight 60” banquet rounds
- Six 5’ x 30” rectangular tables
- Sound system with iPod/iPhone capabilities
- Use of catering kitchen
- Other equipment available at an additional cost
Download the Hill Center Rehearsal Dinner Package.
Chris and I both could not have been happier with the way everything turned out! Our guests kept coming up to us to tell us how much they loved everything and how impressed they were! Truly, everything was AMAZING and we could not be happier.
Thank you so much for your help with our special day. We couldn't have imagined a better venue than the Hill Center. From the layout, to the staff help, to scheduling our drop-offs and pick-up, everything went above and beyond what we hoped for.
Thank you for EVERYTHING these past months - we had a truly fabulous time, and in no small part that is because of your team’s grace and ability in handling it all.
Thanks again for everything! We are so happy to have celebrated with y'all!
Hill Center allows you to pick your own caters and vendors for your events, but here are a few who we think do a great job and know Hill Center very well!
Drop Off & Full Service Caterers
- Eat & Smile
- Geppetto Catering
- Haute Catering
- Occasions Caterers
Danielle Redmond (Weddings)
- Main Event Caterers
703-820-2028 ext. 249
- Well Dunn Catering
- DJ Delights
- Floral & Bloom
- Surroundings Flowers & Events
- MJ Valet, LLC
202-587-2745 Ext. 1
- Frager’s Just Ask Rental
- Grand Rental Events
- Party Rental Ltd.
- Perfect Settings
- John Farr Lighting
- RCI Sound Systems
301-931-9001 ext. 206
(or ask your agent about adding on to your homeowner’s insurance)
- Markel Insurance Co.
800-416-4364 (other events)
Download the Preferred Vendors.