How it Works
- You transfer securities to the Old Naval Hospital Foundation.
- The Old Naval Hospital Foundation sells your securities and used the proceeds as specified.
Step 1: Initiate Transfer
The most common method of gifting securities is for your broker to transfer shares electronically using the following information:
Electronic Transfer Instructions
First Clearing, LLC DTC #0141, for credit to account #5210-8553, Old Naval Hospital Foundation
Contact Broker: Daniel R. Healey, 202.626.5260. Contact Assistant: Matt Aulbach, 202.626.5259
You should contact Mr. Healey or Mr. Aulbach to ensure that the stock is received and accurately credited.
Certificate Mailing Instructions
Folger Nolan Fleming Douglas, Inc. Attn: Daniel R. Healey, 725 15th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005
You should contact Mr. Healey or Mr. Aulbach to obtain more detailed instructions for gifting stock certificates.
To maximize the value of the gifts, all common stock sales will be done at cost.
Step 2 – Notify Hill Center
Call or email Diana Ingraham, Hill Center Executive Director at (202) 549-4172 or via email at email@example.com to communicate the following information at the time of transfer:
- Name and number or securities transferred
- Date of transfer
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them
- You pay no capital gains tax on the securities you donate
- You can direct your gift to a specific fund or purpose