Breathing Space: Baby Sign Language
Sunday, September 29, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
This event has passed
Why teach your baby sign language?
Most children begin to communicate through speech at 15-18 months of age. With the use of sign language, families are now developing closer bonds with their children as they begin to communicate as early as 8-12 months of age!
- Helps babies communicate before talking
- Reduces frustration and tantrums
- Increases bonding and connection
- Early communication can help keep them safe
- Opens a window to your child’s heart and mind
- Teaches the building blocks of a second language (American Sign Language)
In this weekend parent-focused workshop, the instructor introduces some of the most commonly used signs for families of babies and toddlers. Families practice American Sign Language signs such as “milk” and “more,” learn signs to go along with a traditional children’s song, and learn tips for practicing at home. Registration includes a booklet of the signs covered. Most appropriate for families with babies nearing 6 months through verbal fluency, often about 2.5 yrs.