Sundays from September 22 to December 15 @ 10:30 am - 11:15 am (except October 13, November 03, December 01)
Breathing Space: Family Yoga & Mindfulness (Ages 3-6)
Sunday, September 22 @ 10:30 am - 11:15 am
Breathing Space Family Yoga (Ages 3-6, with siblings ages 2+) classes are structured so both parents and children can enjoy themselves while moving in a supportive, non-competitive environment. While many of the poses will look familiar to adult yogis, a kids class flows very differently than an adult yoga class.
What is Family Yoga & Mindfulness class like?
- We incorporate lots of songs and games centered around movement and mindfulness.
- There’s lots of emphasis on social interaction.
- We use many props never found in an adult class: hula hoops, balloons, scarfs, crayons, and more.
- Many classes incorporate story telling or books.
Class themes vary according to student interests and instructor creativity. Possibilities include the following themes:
- philosophical – kindness, honesty, courage, respect, discipline, generosity;
- natural – change of seasons, growth & change, elements: water, earth, wind fire;
- life events and places – holidays, travel, a visit to the zoo, jungle safari, desert adventure.
Family classes are structured very much like an age-appropriate kids class with more emphasis on partner poses and connections between parent and child.
Parents should plan to fully participate in family classes. One adult must be present, up to two adults are welcome on weekly basis, and the same adult need not be present every time. No drops ins, full series registration required.