“A Taste of Hill Center: Recipes from our Community Table” continues tradition started in 1864…
Hill Center COVID-19 Guidelines
Updated January 12, 2022
Hill Center is open for scheduled visits, camps, programs, meetings and celebrations in line with DC government and CDC recommendations. Hill Center is committed to your health and safety, and we are monitoring the evolving COVID landscape. It is with that in mind that our entire staff has been fully vaccinated and boosted. To ensure the continued health and security of our patrons, staff, and performers, Hill Center will follow all federal and local health guidelines set forth by the CDC, will remain in compliance with any mandates released by Mayor Bowser, and deploy mitigation strategies to reduce transmission risks.
As of September 1, 2021, proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 has been required upon check in for all indoor Hill Center programs and classes. Visitors with a medical condition that prevents vaccination must provide proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test to attend an indoor program. Children under 12 years of age are not required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test. Masks are required at all times for all visitors ages 2+ regardless of vaccination status at indoor programs, as a result of the mayoral order. For outdoor events, we strongly recommend wearing a mask. Of course, if you are sick, stay home. Ticket holders who do not comply with these policies will not be admitted.
Our first priority is prevention, and we are being proactive for the health and safety of everyone who utilizes our building. So far, we’ve taken the following steps:
- Additional cleanings of all commonly used surfaces using sanitizing agents.
- Additional cleanings of the bathroom throughout the day.
- Adding hand sanitizer stations in the building.
- Sanitizing of all audio equipment before use.
- Eliminated the use of shared toys and equipment, and encouraged the discontinuation of direct contact between patrons.
- We have asked that our staff, program partners, nonprofit office tenants, and community groups using Hill Center stay home if they are sick.
Hill Center has implemented the following policies for our programs and classes (programs for which you purchase a ticket on our website):
Face Mask Requirement
Face masks must be worn at Hill Center at all times, except when actively eating or drinking, regardless of vaccination status.
Proof of Vaccination Requirement
On January 15, 2022, per Mayor’s Order 2021-148, the District of Columbia will adopt a city-wide vaccination entry requirement that requires COVID-19 vaccination to enter many indoor facilities within the city.
On this date, Hill Center will begin requiring all visitors to be vaccinated with the exception of those briefly entering (i.e., dropping off, picking up, using restroom, etc.).
Timeline for Vaccine Requirements:
- January 15, 2022: one dose for ages 12+
- February 15, 2022: fully vaccinated for ages 12+
- Children below the age of 12 are exempt, but children ages 5-11 are highly encouraged to get vaccinated
Acceptable Proof of Vaccination will include:
- CDC issued vaccination card: original or photocopy or photo
- Immunization record print out from the patient portal of their vaccine/healthcare provider
- A COVID-19 Verification App such as VaxYes or CLEAR A
- Children below the age of 12
- Medically exempt or unable to take the vaccine out of a sincerely held religious belief
- Patrons who have and show documentation of medical or religious exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccine must provide a negative PCR or antigen test within the last 24 hours AND documentation of a medical exemption, such as a note from a medical provider.
Hill Center’s Program Partners and clients hosting events reserve the right to require other Covid-19 precautions of their clientele (i.e., a covid test, travel restrictions, etc.)
Events & Rentals
If you’d like to speak with our Events & Rental team about planning a celebration or meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get in touch with you. You can find the complete COVID-19 policy for these events here.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
For any additional questions regarding Washington, D.C. mask mandates or travel requirements, we encourage you to visit Washington, D.C.’s Covid-19 resource website, and review the information below, to ensure that you are informed on government regulations prior to visiting.