Your history starts here when you say “I do” at our exquisitely rehabilitated Civil War-era Naval Hospital, originally commissioned by President Lincoln in 1864. Whether you would like an outdoor ceremony in our beautifully landscaped gardens, an indoor ceremony in light-filled rooms with 14-foot ceilings and 8-foot windows, or something in between, your special day will be a timeless, romantic celebration to remember. The unique elegance of Hill Center and its beautiful campus come with modern amenities that combine contemporary convenience with historic charm.
- Exquisitely restored Civil War-era building recognized by “Save America’s Treasures”
- Beautifully landscaped gardens, perfect for an outdoor wedding ceremony or reception
- Capacity: Up to 140 for a seated dinner or up to 250 for a standing or cocktail reception throughout the entire second floor
- All modern amenities including Wi-Fi, built-in sound, screens, projectors and air conditioning
- Knowledgeable, helpful on-site staff
- ADA accessible building
- On-site furniture rentals
- Green, environmentally friendly building
- Located on Capitol Hill and convenient to Reagan National Airport, Union Station, and Metro
Classic wedding package
Historic Second Floor: $4,500
Historic Second Floor + East Garden or First Floor: $5,500
- Tables and white chairs (natural wooden chairs available for additional fee)
- 8 total hours of rental, including set up and tear down*
- Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
- Wedding suite
- One hour rehearsal the day before the event (as space is available)
*Additional pro-rated hours may be purchased
Capacity, Floor Plans, & Pricing
Our second floor or outdoor gardens are the perfect spaces for your wedding. Click on the photo to the left to see our virtual tour or check out the capacity charts and floor plans to see the individual spaces.
Have some questions about our space, what you can bring in, and our general policies for weddings in our historic venue?
Check out our Guidelines for the Use of Hill Center Facilities for Weddings & Celebrations to find answers to many of the most frequently asked questions.
Chris and I both could not have been happier with the way everything turned out! Our guests kept coming up to us to tell us how much they loved everything and how impressed they were! Truly, everything was AMAZING and we could not be happier.
Thank you so much for your help with our special day. We couldn’t have imagined a better venue than the Hill Center. From the layout, to the staff help, to scheduling our drop-offs and pick-up, everything went above and beyond what we hoped for.
Thank you for EVERYTHING these past months – we had a truly fabulous time, and in no small part that is because of your team’s grace and ability in handling it all.
Thanks again for everything! We are so happy to have celebrated with y’all!