Planning a socially distanced wedding or microwedding for the upcoming months? Our lush gardens are the perfect urban oasis to get married – safely and in front of a small group of family and friends.
Your history starts here when you say “I do” at our exquisitely rehabilitated Civil War-era Naval Hospital, which was commissioned by President Lincoln in 1864. If you’re looking to plan for the future, whether you’d like an outdoor wedding ceremony in our beautifully landscaped gardens, an indoor ceremony in our light-filled rooms with 14-foot high ceilings and 8-foot windows, or something in between, your wedding and reception will be a timeless, romantic celebration to last the ages. The unique elegance of Hill Center and its exquisite campus comes together with today’s amenities to give you contemporary convenience with historic charm.
- Exquisitely restored Civil War-era building recognized by “Save America’s Treasures”
- Beautifully landscaped gardens, perfect for an outdoor wedding ceremony or reception
- Socially distanced outdoor wedding or microwedding setups available
- Capacity: Up to 140 for a seated dinner or up to 250 for a standing or cocktail reception throughout the entire second floor.
- All modern amenities including Wi-Fi, built-in sound, screens, projectors and air conditioning
- Knowledge, helpful on-site staff
- ADA accessible building
- On-site furniture rentals
- Green, environmentally friendly building
- Located on Capitol Hill and convenient to Reagan National Airport, Union Station, and Metro
Up to 20 Guests
Outdoor Garden Event: $2,800
Includes indoor backup space, basic linens, two wedding suites, beverage manager, standard items from Wedding Package, but limited to 5 hours of rental time (inclusive of setup and cleanup time)
Expecting more than 20 guests? Upgrade your backup space to historic Lincoln Hall for $500
Classic wedding package
Historic Second Floor: $4,000
Historic Second Floor + East Garden or First Floor: $5,000
- Tables and White Resin Chairs (Natural wooden chairs available for additional fee)
- 8 total hours of rental, including set up and tear down*
- Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine included
- Wedding suite included
- One hour rehearsal the day before the event (as space is available)
- Must comply with District of Columbia COVID restrictions for indoor/outdoor events with social distancing and mask wearing.
*Additional pro-rated hours may be purchased
Have some questions about our space, what you can bring in, and our general policies for weddings in our historic venue?
Check out our Guidelines for the Use of Hill Center Facilities for Weddings & Celebrations to find answers to many of the most frequently asked questions.
Chris and I both could not have been happier with the way everything turned out! Our guests kept coming up to us to tell us how much they loved everything and how impressed they were! Truly, everything was AMAZING and we could not be happier.
Thank you so much for your help with our special day. We couldn’t have imagined a better venue than the Hill Center. From the layout, to the staff help, to scheduling our drop-offs and pick-up, everything went above and beyond what we hoped for.
Thank you for EVERYTHING these past months – we had a truly fabulous time, and in no small part that is because of your team’s grace and ability in handling it all.
Thanks again for everything! We are so happy to have celebrated with y’all!
Hill Center allows you to pick your own caters and vendors for your events, but here are a few who we think do a great job and know Hill Center very well!
Drop Off & Full Service Caterers
- Little Pearl (located on our campus)
- Eat & Smile
- Haute Catering
- Main Event Caterers
703-820-2028 ext. 249
- Occasions Caterers
Danielle Redmond (Weddings)
- Well Dunn Catering
- TBTBS Catering
- DJ Delights
- MJ Valet, LLC
202-587-2745 Ext. 1
- Grand Rental Events
- Hello Rentals
- Party Rental Ltd.
- Perfect Settings
(or ask your agent about adding on to your homeowner’s insurance)
- Markel Insurance Co.
800-416-4364 (other events)
Download the Preferred Vendors.