This year was...different. January 2020 feels like an entirely alternate universe at this point. With…
Hill Center Galleries is proud to announce the winners of the Hill Center Galleries Juried Exhibition. Juried by Myrtis Bedolla, owner of Galerie Myrtis, Baltimore, MD, 165 artists submitted nearly 700 pieces for consideration. Bedolla selected 94 pieces for the show, representing work from over 80 artists. At the exhibition’s opening reception on February 5, Bedolla announced the award winners:
- 1st place ($1000 cash prize) – Linda Lowery Aya (Encaustic painted on birch panel)
- 2nd place ($750 cash prize) – Jim Haller Triptych (Ink and wood stain)
- 3rd place ($500 cash prize) – Sally Canzoneri DC Stores: 1942 and 2014 (Inkjet print on fine art paper with archival pigment ink)
- Sharon Malley School Chums (Oil, collage on canvas)
- Kasse Andrews-Weller In The Beginning Quilt… (Ceramic, embroidery thread)
- Chris Hanson Early Morning Walk (Photo)
- David Harris Thorny Issues (Archival Pigment Print on Water Color Paper)
- Glenn Strachan Woman in Recline, Siem Reap, Cambodia (Photo)
- James Klumpner #57 (Acrylic paint on canvas)
- Felicia Reed Choices (Silk and wood fibers)
- Khanh Nguyen Porcelain III (Oil paint on canvas)
- Sean Dudley Dukochanmon (Oil on wood)
See all of the award winners and a complete list of artists in the Juried Show by visiting here.
The show runs from February 5 – April 18, 2020.